The Shuri Network is the first NHS and care network of women of colour in digital health. We are a unique team that has had a big impact on celebrating difference and diversity in digital health, challenging the system to take action and supporting women of colour to succeed in their careers. We are named after Shuri, the Black Panther character who is responsible for her country’s technological success and champion safety, innovation and diversity, and are supported by HEE, NHSX and NHSD.
2021 promises to be an exciting year ! Take part in our innovative virtual shadowing programme in partnership with IBM and Hexitime. Whether you’re an ally, taking your first steps in tech or an experienced digital leader you will benefit from meeting colleagues in other organisations by gaining an insight into their work and building new connections.
We do the following :
• Increase the visibility of BAME women and provide a national platform to share our contribution to digital innovation and patient care.
• Highlight successful role models who are people of colour
• Offer Fellowships, shadowing opportunities and bursaries for professional development
• Challenge the NHS to reduce discrimination and increase BAME representation at senior levels in line with recommendations in the NHS People Plan.
• Deliver practical resources including events and recruitment guides for organisations with partners including HEE, NHSE, Digital Health, the Health Foundation, Hunter Healthcare, AHSNs, TechUK and Coders of Colour.
We stand in solidarity with our BAME community, our members and allies in the fight against racism. Our network has always stood for equality, diversity and safety. Black Lives Matter.
Join the Shuri Network
Membership is free and open to all (BAME women in digital health and allies who support our aims) and will ensure you receive our newsletters and updates about events and opportunities.
We were delighted to win the national TechWomen100 Network of the Year award in December 2020 ! The awards focus on the female tech talent pipeline and the impact of organisations and networks that are leading the way for future generations of tech leaders and innovators. The award recognises the difference our Network is making to increasing diversity, safety and innovation within 18 months of our launch.