Our ground-breaking Shadowing programme launched on the 1st of April this year ! We have 65 fantastic host offers on our Hexitime site including CIOs, tech startup founders, CCIOs, analysts, AI experts and directors from NHSX, NHS Digital, HEE and international companies waiting to share their expertise and help you progress in your career.
Allies: Take action to create opportunities for our members to shadow healthcare and digital leaders, build relationships, gain insight into different roles and environments and showcase what you and your team do.
The Shuri Network is free to join as either a member or an ally.
Partner with us to build a digitally confident and inclusive workforce.
“Our recent survey identified that our members are keen to demystify careers in digital health, gain insight into roles and responsibilities within digital health leadership and explore new horizons and career options.”.Tracey Thomas, Digital Shadowing Programme Lead
Digital shadowing is:
• A virtual partnership between two people ‘the ally/host’ and a Shuri network ‘member/guest’
• Based upon mutual trust and respect
• Promotes peer to peer learning
• Light touch, participant driven
• Self-managed via the Hexitime platform
To be eligible to take up a shadowing offer, you must:
• be (or identify as) a female and be from a BAME background
• be a UK resident
• be a member of the Shuri Network
Disclaimer – we do not quality assure the shadowing offers or exchanges. Please refer to Hexitime ‘Terms and conditions’ which govern your access to and use of the platform. If however, you do experience any difficulty with your exchange, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
HOW TO TAKE UP AN OFFER: As a network member and a woman of colour
Register your profile within our Hexitime campaign site to connect with an ‘ally/host’ to take up the 6 hours virtual shadowing offer. We encourage our members to make an offer of 6 hours virtual shadowing to support fellow Shuri Network member.
SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN: HOW TO MAKE AN OFFER
• Convert good intent into a good deed
• You don’t have to be at the top of your field or in the tech sector to offer 6 hours of your time
• You will be gifted 6 hours timebank ‘credit’ to exchange when you support our campaign
Register your profile within our Hexitime campaign site and make an offer of 6 hours virtual shadowing per individual – remember to tick The Shuri Network box under “Campaigns” so our members can see your offer. Here is an example of a digital shadowing offer.